Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Love Thy Neighbor

My report for last week's goal of "Prayer" is mixed. I feel like I did try to add more meaning to my prayers but I could still use some practice on frequency of having them, especially in the morning. I will continue to work on this.  Maybe I should go back to the "prayer rock" used by primary kids. If I set a rock by the side of my bed, maybe when I jump out and kick it, I will remember. More likely however, I'll just trip over it in the middle of the night.

So the goal I am working on this week is "Neighbors".  It is much harder for me than "Smile" and "Prayer."  I am perfectly fine in my little comfort zone.  I have my friends and I am comfortable in my own little groove. So, the challenge is to "Choose several neighbors and serve them" . It suggests that if I have neighbors that are difficult to love make them the recipients of even greater service.  This goal will require me to actually take time to possibly talk to my neighbors.  It isn't that I don't like them, it is just that we all have stuff in our lives that keeps us busy.  I will however, try this week to do something for at least one of my neighbors.  BUT, aside from the people that live around us we have "neighbors" in many aspects of our life. Maybe this week, take time to do things for the people you interact with on a daily basis at work or school.  Even a little phone call or short visit to someone in your life can have a great impact. So, this week look for opportunities to bless the lives of people around you.

As for the rest of  my life, things are moving right along.  I am trying to get my house under control by taking it a room at a time. I am hoping to be done by February 1. Yesterday after a 3 month break I went for a run. Wow! How quickly my body forgot. I am SORE today. I have great plans for this year and am excited to tackle them.

2 comments:

  1. This "Love thy Neighbor" goal sure fits in with the great lesson you taught on Sunday--how cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, keep it up and you will learn to love it! (the running at least, i can't see myself loving my neighbors right now)

    ReplyDelete