Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Moderation in ALL Things

Week four in my quest for self improvement brings the most difficult goal so far.  But first, let me recap last weeks "Love Thy Neighbor".  I did take time to visit with one of my neighbors out by the mailbox.  I also baked bread and had Bob deliver it to 2 neighbors.  I still have plenty of room for improvement in this area. So this brings me to this weeks goal "Moderation". The book recommended taking a food that you have a hard time with and giving it up for a week.  Well.....that's NOT what I'm doing.  I am taking a different approach.  We can all benefit for learning to take things in moderation in many aspects of our life.  Yes food is a major area that I need to practice moderating.  However, what about spending money in moderation or watching TV in moderation.  This week I have chosen to try and take all things in moderation.  I will turn the TV off more and opt for the radio. I will also work on my eating in moderation however, polishings off the bag of Lays potato chips at 11:00 pm last night probably was not a good start to my week.  I will let you know how it works out.  If anyone else is trying this approach to New Year's goal setting, I would love to hear how you are doing.

2 comments:

  1. Jason and I started a rule where we don't eat past 10. This helped us with out late snacking a ton. I'm also trying to keep a bag of veggies cut and ready to eat, because if it isn't ready when I want to eat it than I will not take the time to prep them when I am hungry. I have also tried to curb the internet usage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all the junk food and desserts we ate around the holidays (and long after!), I was really feeling "blah," so I started cutting back by not eating anything sweet until after dinner. I did that for a couple weeks, and now I've moved onto only eating sweets after dinner, and on only three days a week. I'm hoping to ultimately progress to only eating dessert one night a week. It was hard at first, but I've found that my sweets cravings have really diminished. :) Moderation is a good rule for anything.

    ReplyDelete