Monday, January 9, 2012

It's a New Year!!!

The holidays have come and gone. We had a wonderful season and I hope you all did as well. Trevor and Kara both home from school and then the day after Christmas we headed for Provo to see Samuel, Katrina and McKinley.  McKinley is growing up so fast and is smart as a whip. Did I mention how cute she is? Samuel and Katrina are also doing well.  While in Provo we also saw Serena and Matt and Aimee (with a couple of kids). When we left Provo we headed south to visit the family down there. It was a whirlwind trip but it was great to see everyone.
So, now everyone is back at school and Bob and I are back to being empty nesters. We actually sat down and made a few New Year's resolutions this year. Just like everyone else, I'm a little sick of the SAME old resolutions every year.  You know the "I'm going to lose weight", "I'm going to get more organized" and goals of that sort. So, several years ago I picked up a self-improvement journal that has 52 things to work on. You take one goal to work on each week. The first week was "Smiling". It states "A smile can turn the world around". You are supposed to work on smiling when you're with others, alone, with strangers and especially when you don't feel like it.  Remember "Fake it til you make it!" Week 2 is prayer. Remember to pray always and always have a prayer in your heart.  This week work on having sincere daily prayers.
I will attempt to update every week with the goal of the week in case any of your wish to join in.

2 comments: